Below, you will find statements made by a grouchy students who DID NOT want to learn proper keyboarding techniques. Work with a partner to defend against the statement(s) you are assigned. Be prepared to defend your position aloud.
- At work I won’t have to use computers to communicate. I will just call them, or handwrite them a note.
- I will just handwrite all my notes in college. I already know how to do that!
- I really don’t waste that much time hunting and pecking when I type. I’m sure I can do my job fast enough without knowing how to type.
- In my office I will just keep all my records in folders and in filing cabinets. That’s easier for me!
- There are not many jobs that require you to use a computer anyway!
- I’ll just wait and learn how to type later when I have to use it.
- At work I will just tell everyone I prefer all documents and letters be given to me the old fashion way… on paper!
- In college I will just turn all my work in on paper. I’m sure my college professor will be okay with that.